Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Creativity and New Media

In this game called Sims 4 you are able to create an avatar and live an alternate life. You can choose to build a partner as well or interact with other sims and find a partner within the game. You can choose your job, house, and even have kids. There are also cheats to get a lot of money or make things happen to your character. The game allows you to be creativity by allowing you to personalize your lifestyle.

I created myself (yellow hat) and my spouse (sitting next to me). We had two kids.
First floor of the house I built

Second floor of the house I built

3 comments:

  1. Cool post. I remember using a Sims like program for a finance class in High School. We could choose any profession we liked, and lived that life out in the program. The program simulated real-life financial transactions that most people deal with. It was a fun interactive way to learn about finance and monetary management. I wish more schools and classes integrated these types of programs into their curriculum.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love The Sims games, I've been playing them since I was very young. It really does let you use your imagination in almost every way. Good luck raising those kids!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOOOW, that was a fun thing to do. I used Second Life wihch also allows us to create avatar and create our own spaces. But I have try different region in Second Life, they were all occupied by others. Maybe I should try this out.

    ReplyDelete